Coding Blocks - Patterns, Architecture, Best Practices, Tips and Tricks for Software, Database, and Web Developers / Engineers / 100. Tackling Tough Developer Questions
- We gather around the water cooler to celebrate our 100th episode with our friend John Stone for some random developer discussions as Michael goes off script, Joe needs his techno while coding, and Allen sings some sweet sounds.
- Publishing date
- 2019-02-18 01:02
- Allen Underwood, Michael Outlaw, Joe Zack author
We gather around the water cooler to celebrate our 100th episode with our friend John Stone for some random developer discussions as Michael goes off script, Joe needs his techno while coding, and Allen sings some sweet sounds.
Are you reading these show notes via your podcast player? Head over to https://www.codingblocks.net/episode100 to find this episode’s full show notes and join in on the conversation.
- Clubhouse – The first project management platform for software development that brings everyone on every team together to build better products. Sign up for two free months of Clubhouse by visiting clubhouse.io/codingblocks.
- Datadog.com/codingblocks – Sign up today for a free 14 day trial and get a free Datadog t-shirt after creating your first dashboard.
Survey SaysAnonymous VoteSign in with WordpressWhat interests you the most?
- Learning the low level nuts and bolts of how computers and OSes work, i.e. the lowest possible level, can I build my own hardware or OS?
- Or the highest possible level, i.e. subjects like formal algorithms, machine learning, artificial intelligence, etc.
- Those other options are nice, but I enjoy prototyping and experimenting with all the things, broadening my horizons.
- Thank you to everyone that left us a review:
- iTunes: is0mer, Shdhdhahajdjdjsjajxheha, mukuljain.dce, khoitd1997
- Stitcher: joshjb, LowlyQCguy, zrcni, I_am_your_daddy, MichaelsJustSoSo, AllensTheSmartest
- Allen and Joe released some new videos:
- Upcoming conferences:
Overheard at the Water Cooler …
- If you could only have one computer, would you prefer a laptop or a desktop?
- The MSI GS75 Stealth has definitely caught our eye.
- What technology would you recommend a new developer look into? And is it the same recommendation you’d make for a senior developer?
- We play another round of Up/Down.
- Are dark themes bad for your eyes?
Resources We Like
- RTINGS.com – Find the best product for your needs.
- TIOBE Index – An index of the popularity of programming languages.